Sunday, July 20, 2014

Book Haul - Feminist Edition

I've been on a feminism kick for a while now and have recently been amping up my feminist book buying. These are purchases that I've made in the last month or so. Currently finishing up Men Explain Things to Me by Rebbeca Solnit. I've heard very good things about The Purity Myth by Jessica Valenti. Pretty much everything else I just discovered from surfing online. So these are my feminist/women's studies purchases of the past month or so:
  • Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
  • Yes Means Yes: Visions of Sexual Power & A World Without Rape by Jaclyn Friedman and Jessica Valenti
  • Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls Are Not For Sale by Rachel Lloyd
  • Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
  • The Purity Myth: How America's Obsession with Virginity is Hurting Young Women by Jessica Valenti
  • Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism, and the Future by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards
I can't imagine that I'll get to ALL these books in the near future, but I look forward to picking my way through them in the months and years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment