Wednesday, July 24, 2013

30 in 30 Challenge

In the hopes of getting myself to read more and knocking out some books that I’ve been meaning to read for…ever, I’m doing a 30 books in 30 days challenge. I heard about this recently from a few different blogs and it sounded like a fun idea. Most of the books I’ll be reading are relatively short, but I tried to mix in as many different types and genres as I could. Here is a VERY tentative list of what I’ll be reading over the next 30 days:
  1. At Work – Annie Leibovitz
  2. Austenland – Shannon Hale
  3. The Boyfriend List – E. Lockhart
  4. A Coney Island of the Mind – Lawrence Ferlinghetti
  5. Death of a Salesman – Arthur Miller
  6. Essays in Love – Alain de Botton
  7. Ethan Frome – Edith Wharton
  8. Free Will – Sam Harris
  9. French Milk – Lucy Knisley
  10. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making – Catherynne M. Valente
  11. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
  12. I Remember Nothing – Nora Ephron
  13. Interpreter of Maladies – Jhumpa Lahiri
  14. Kissing the Witch – Emma Donoghue
  15. The Little Prince – Antoine de St. Exupery
  16. The Locked Room – Paul Auster
  17. Looking for Alibrandi – Melina Marchetta
  18. Maus I – Art Spiegelman
  19. Nine Stories – J.D. Salinger
  20. The Ocean at the End of the Lane – Neil Gaiman
  21. Polaroids from the Dead – Douglas Coupland
  22. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead – Tom Stoppard
  23. Saga Volume 1 – Brian K. Vaughan
  24. Saga Volume 2 – Brian K. Vaughan
  25. The Selected Works of T. S. Spivet – Reif Larson
  26. Shopgirl – Steve Martin
  27. So the Wind Won’t Blow it all Away – Richard Brautigan
  28. Sweet Tooth Volume 4 – Jeff Lemire
  29. Sweet Tooth Volume 5 – Jeff Lemire
  30. The Vagina Monologues – Eve Ensler
The selections may change based on my mood, the weather, etc. I’ll post a couple updates every week throughout the challenge. I started French Milk by Lucy Knisley earlier today and will (hopefully) finish up before bed tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment